Saturday, February 15, 2020

Awwwwww I want thisssssss

Even after 45 years of marriage, Dr Khairuddin and Khairiah say 'I love you' all the time.

“I still love her. I still think she is beautiful and cute. Sometimes I get angry with her but that’s part of the relationship.

“The important thing to remember is when you love someone, you have to learn to overlook things. If things don’t meet your expectations, you must accept and adapt. And you must embrace imperfection in all its guises. But to me, she is perfect. I love you,” he says as he reaches for her hand.

He, Khairiah points out, is the romantic in their relationship. His job saw him travelling quite a lot and he’d always insist that she accompanied him on the trips.

“I’d miss my wife too much otherwise. I am not very good on my own,” he says.

She adds: “There was once when I could not go with him and it so happened, that trip fell on my birthday. The doorbell rang that night and I found two men with guitars serenading me. They sang Are You Lonesome Tonight?... he had arranged that,” she relates. “Although I must complain that he hasn’t taken me for a movie or play in quite some time.”

The most important thing in a marriage, they both agree, is love.

“These days, when I wake up in the morning, I look over at him and watch him sleep. And I think about our life together and all that we have been through and when he wakes up, I tell him I love him. When you are younger, you take each other for granted. You don’t appreciate (each other). When you are our age you have this realisation. Love is like that, I suppose,” she says. 

Read more:

https://www.thestar.com.my/lifestyle/family/2020/02/14/they-got-a-second-chance-at-love-and-now-they039ve-been-married-45-years#.XkY_CacJmq0.twitter

No comments: